Whether you’ve decided to make your own competition bikini or are purchasing one from a company, it all starts with choosing the right fabric for you. I previously shared why 4 way stretch is so important and 3 rules for choosing a competition fabric.
Today, we are building on that advice and showing you specific patterns and colors in the video below, including my favorites that are sure to shine on stage.
I’ve linked up a few of the fabrics in the video below. They are all from my favorite shop, Spandex House (ps. if you’re ever in New York, you have to go by their store. Heaven.), which offers afforadable shipping and has low, 1 yard minimums on everything in stock.
- Holographic mini dot. It comes in SO many color choices so you can pick the one that will make you shine on stage.
- Hologram shattered glass (aka foil dot). This fabric shifts shades based on how the light hits it for added visual interest.
- Avatar 4 way stretch in purple/pink. I used this fabric for my 2015 suit and it’s still my favorite. I’ve never reworn a suit, but if I did, the one would be it.
- Avatar 4 way stretch in teal. This blue/green color is gorgeous on any skin tone.
- Avatar 4 way stretch (see a trend here? This pattern is my favorite!) in red. I can’t wait to make a suit from this!
You can read more about how to order your fabric here. Have other questions you want answered? Comment below or send me an email.
View all posts in our Competition Bikini DIY series here, and SUBSCRIBE via the box on the right to receive email alerts when new posts go live!